Okay, so I do have some exciting news to report!
I am 1-2 cm dialated!!!!
So I had the NST and Logan, again, was very active. I ate 2 bran muffins (homemade from a recipe from my Junior/Senior year High School Food class!!!) and had a cup of hot chocolate before I went to the doc. office...so no wonder why he moved.
The contractions weren't really measuring, but I didn't feel any...so who knows.
The doctor checked me and yes I am 1-2 cm dialated and about 25% effaced....so that is such exciting news!!!! He said that my cervix is not quite ripe enough to have a successful induction (which is okay with me since I don't want to be induced just yet...I'd like to give Logan at least til my due date to come on his own).
So my doc. said that the way he 'checked me' (which was quite uncomfortable) sometimes does spark labor...so that's pretty exciting! Here's to hoping that works!!!
He wants me to come back on Friday (this Friday...Halloween) for another appt....since my due date is on Saturday. It sounded like, if I haven't delivered by Friday and my cervix has made some progress....that they may discuss induction on Friday. Who knows...
Holy crap! This is just so exciting...I'm beaming! It is just so surreal to me that he'll be here so soon. I can't wait to see experience every speck of life with Logan.
Say your prayers that we have a successful delivery with a happy, healthy baby!!!!!
2 comments:
Oh my word! I can't believe that Logan, more than likely, will be here by the end of the week! I am so excited for you PMB!!
Court :-0
Great news! How exciting!
I'm a high school classmate of John's, and he gave me your blog address a number of months ago when we re-met on Facebook. Anyway, I've been following your blog, because I am super-interested in childbirth. I hope to become a doula someday. Anyway...
I just wanted you to know that it's VERY common for first babies to go to 41 weeks. There are also risks with induction if the baby's not ready, not to mention risks to the mother, too. I would be leery of inducing before 41 weeks unless there's a real medical reason to do so (like your blood pressue getting out of control or something like that.)
But hopefully you won't need to be induced. The fact that you're already dilating and effacing is a FANTASTIC sign. One woman that I knew got to 42 weeks with zero dilating and zero effacing, and when they tried to induce her, she ended up with a C-section, of course. So, the fact that your body is already warming up to labor is a VERY good sign.
I hope everything goes well with your birth, and I'll be looking for a great birth story! God bless!
~ Emily
Post a Comment