Talk about your week of surprises!!!!
In the past few weeks I've been in contact with a few people from John's work. They have been planning a surprise baby shower for him, which I thought was so nice. He's worked there for 8 years and has gotten to know many, many people. They asked me if I could come in...of course, I would love to meet all these people he talks about on a daily basis...and see his reaction of a surprise!
I got there at 9:45 today and they took me to the conference room. John came in shortly after thinking he was attending a meeting and he was very surprised! I brought my camera and also took some video of his reaction...it was great!
They asked for a few volunteers to play some games...John had to play all of them which was great. I was so impressed that they had decided to play some games...they really put a lot of thought into it!!! Here are some games we played:
1) Name the baby animal - example: 'Bear' was listed, so the baby is 'cub'...'Pig' - 'Piglet'...'Deer' - 'Fawn' and so on. Yes, John had some helpers, but he got most of the right!
2) Guess how many q-tips in the baby bottle...
3) Taste the baby food. Haha...there were 4 little cups and 4 people tasted, including John. The first one he actually ate almost all of the little sample trying to figure out what it was....it was Sweet Potatoes and Turkey. The 2nd one was green...not one of John's favorite colors of veggies, so he was nervous. He immediately recognized that they were green beans. The 3rd one, also green was peas....his arch-enemy, will never eat, vegetable....his reaction was great....'eeeww peas' I believe was his response. The 4th one he knew right away...which surprised me since this isn't a vegetable I even thought he's tasted much at all...squash!
4) A diaper-changing contest...of 4 guys, including John. They gave John a specific baby doll. The 4 guys had to change the diaper as fast as possible, use at least one wipe (kleenex), fold the dirty diaper neatly and put the new diaper on correctly. Well John lost this one...miserably....although his had a melted twix bar in the diaper to make it 'dirty'...haha!!!! So his reaction was great though. I'm sure after a few dirty diapers he will be quick to change it and throw it away! :)
5) Guess how big my tummy is - a bunch of people cut ribbon to see how big my stomach is. Seeing as they are a bunch of strangers to me, they did seek my permission the day before and I told them that I wouldn't be offended. :) While 2 people came within 2 inches, one person came within a half inch! Wow...great guess! John cut a really short piece (with the suggestion from his Team Lead)...yeah....I could tell it wasn't John's idea...he would've said 'I need more string!!!!!'
So then we ate some delicious cake that said 'Welcome Batter-Baby' and they gave us a present (as if the party wasn't enough)...they gave us our Travel System (stroller/car seat combo)! Woo-hoo!!! We were going to go to Babies R Us to purchase it this weekend...no need now!!! What a generous gift!
I think John is still in a mode of 'surprise'....we are both very appreciative of his work doing this for him/us. :) They are awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment