Monday, November 3, 2008

Election Day Baby

Yes, as soon as I heard his due date (back in Feb.) I thought...he'll be an Election Day baby...and it appears that unless something magical happens today, Logan will be born on election day.

My appt. this morning went well. He didn't move around a bunch at all, so the nurse and I kept squeezing my stomach every so often to get a kick or two out...then in the last 10 minutes of the test, he moved around on his own, like usual (he was just sleeping and the hot cocoa I downed right before my appt. apparently hadn't kicked in yet).

I am now 2 cm dialated instead of 1.5. I am 75% effaced (up from 50%) last Friday...but his head is still WAY up there....he has not moved down at all.

I told her about my plug (which I lost more of this morning). So she said that was really good to hear. I asked how much is left to come out - she said it is mucus, not an amount....so who knows.

The doctor said that my body & cervix are very ready (I looked down at Logan and said apparently YOU are not). :) She also said that the IVF expert that they work with a lot (he was not my doctor) doesn't like IVF babies to go past their due date due to more risks. I didn't ask at the time what those risks were...or why...although I'm sure it has to do with hormones being forced due to all the drugs and such. Whatever...I'm not going to argue with an expert, nor do I want to risk a thing just to go 'naturally' into labor.

So anywho, she recommended that I be induced tomorrow morning and the nurse had it scheduled within the next 10 minutes.

We are to arrive by 7am for registration and be induced around 7:15. AH! It has not sunk in for John or I just yet that by tomorrow night, we very well could be holding our son!

I told the doctor that I would go home and walk (still in mode of trying to get him to come on his own). She said, I wouldn't do that...I'd go home and rest...you have a big day ahead of you! Good point!

John and I are kicking ourselves for not doing early voting all last week...however, the polling place (which is where we got married...just a half mile away) opens at 6am, so we will be able to vote right before heading off to have a baby! How many people can say that tomorrow!? :)

Everybody - please pray for us. Tomorrow, while a big day for many people around the country due to the election, is a HUGE day for us...the day that will change the rest of our lives in the best way possible. We want a happy, healthy delivery and baby! :)

And check the blog (& feel free to post comments)....we will have our computer at the hospital (which has free wi-fi) and will post pics as soon as we can!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to bring movies or something to watch, because there will be NOTHING INTERESTING on TV tomorrow!

Paige said...

Haha...GOOD point!

Johnson said...

Ok, you have me crying for you. :) I am so excited! With Kourtney, I was scheduled for a Wednesday morning induction and Tuesday around 11pm my contractions started naturally! There is still time. But I did like your doctor's orders to rest.

Nonetheless, he will be here soon. And what a patriotic day to be born on. I will be praying for you! Be sure to vote the right way ;).

Anonymous said...

Oh my Goodness!!! How exciting!!! I just know everything will go so smoothly. It sounds as though you have a lot of people there to support you. You know you have a ton of people far away praying for you and your new family too! Don't be afraid of the epidural! It will make things so much more enjoyable! Thinking of you!

Love,

Steph, Travis, & Ava Claire

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you! Now we just hope for a fast labor and delivery. Good luck tomorrow and we will be checking for updates! Logan, you are going to be the most loved baby around. Welcome to a wonderful set of parents. You couldn't have gotten better people as parents.

Love, Amy & Brian

Abbey said...

I can't wait to see your beautiful baby boy!! I will be thinking of you all day and hoping that it goes easy and fast. Here is to the last day of sleep that you will have in a long time -- enjoy it :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck and God bless! May you and Logan have a safe and healthy day tomorrow! Enjoy meeting your new son! And way to go on voting before having your baby! :)

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and anxiously awaiting the arrival!! :)

Mark, SHARI, Kirstie & Marlee

Anonymous said...

I am a friend of Kelly Johnsons from Ohio and now live in Bolingbrook, IL. I went on your blog back when she first listed you on hers (I think you were just waiting to find out if you were pregnant) and I've been following ever since. Even though you don't know me I'm praying for you and your little boy today.

Anonymous said...

Soooo??? How is everything going? Praying for the health of you and your baby boy as he enters the world!

Love,

Steph

Anonymous said...

News, we need news updates!!

Johnson said...

Yes, we are all dying to know! I think I have been on here 100 times today!