Monday, July 28, 2008

Heartbeat

So about 2 months ago, John and I bought a 'microphone' set from Babies R Us. It came with 2 classical CD's and two little speakers, a belly belt (so I don't have to hold the speakers on my tummy) and it came with 2 sets of headphone with a 'heartbeat microphone finder' (so John and I can listen at the same time). I use the CDs and speakers a few times a week....and at least twice a week we try hard to find the heartbeat, but have been unsuccessful. We also threw away the instruction booklet and clearly on the heartbeat finder it says 'You must read the instructions first'. It is not that it is difficult to plug in headphones and turn up the volume, but as far as placement on my belly....it can be tricky (apparently).

So we were in Babies R Us yesterday....John broke into the box and read the instructions. So we tried it last night and voila!!!! We were able to listen to the heartbeat for about a half hour....as we were falling asleep in bed. I had to eat 3 hours beforehand, lay flat, be relaxed and be in a completely quiet environment. It was really cool and we can't believe that we hadn't heard it before. It's funny because you can tell when he's moving (besides me feeling it or seeing it on my belly) because the heartbeat will get much louder as he's moving and then it goes back to faint, but nonetheless it's always there. We were smiling and laughing last night while listening to it. Ah, the cool stuff that they have out there now to be so much more involved (especially for 1st time mothers...and especially those of us that have waited for soooo long and are a bit obsessed about it all!!!).

I love it!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so cool you two got it to work! I know we had one with Alexis and I had my hospital sethoscope with Jakob or Bella-- Cannot wait for those 4d U/S pictures!
Let me know how tomorow goes!
melissa

Anonymous said...

I bought one of those things and could never figure out how to hear the heartbeat...then I stressed out because I couldn't hear the hearbeat. Ha! Oh well...both of you are better than the doctor and the child therapist. Go figure!

Steph