Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bedding!!!

Late Sunday night I received an email from JCPenny that Logan's bedding had been shipped....since then I've been tracking the packages every hour.....and today at 3, just as I was getting ready to leave work, I saw that they had been delivered.

After a lovely hour and fifteen minute commute there they were....2 boxes ready to be opened. I raced in the house and pulled the boxes in. I don't know who seemed more excited at the time about the boxes...me....or Buddy...he was sniffing around like a crazy dog! :)

I pulled everything out and it was just perfect! We got the bumper pad....sheet....2 valances....hamper....diaper stacker.....dust ruffle....and the comforter. I noticed that the blue in the set was baby blue and a bit more of a blue-aqua. That was nice to see....as there are many accessories in baby blue, but I was starting to get nervous if everything on the bedding was aqua.

I immediately ran upstairs and laid it all out on the floor (no furniture yet...that'll be picked out this week). Then I ironed every item....and for those of you that know me....I purposefully don't buy clothing if it needs ironed.

I hung the valance and re-laid everything out on the floor. It looks great!!! I am very excited!!! John was glad to see that we got the bedding as well.....he normally doesn't enjoy painting, however, he's looking forward to painting Logan's room. So we just need to brainstorm how exactly to paint the room....do we do just one color or two? Add a chair rail? Just leave one color and then decor? Oh the decisions....

I have narrowed crib sets down to a few....hopefully we can get that ordered this week...and with all hope, it can be delivered within the next week or two. We are doing 'grow with me furniture'...so this will be furniture that he'll have for a long time. The changer is typically a dresser or a nightstand....then some other sets come with a dresser or chest...some with a hutch on top of the changer....or a separate bookshelf. So it is finding the right design on the crib....that turns into a toddler bed (with rails) and eventually a double bed.

Hopefully we'll find it soon. Until then, I'll enjoy looking at the bedset......on the floor of an empty room. haha!!! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky...my daughter is 11 weeks old and all we have is the wrong color paint on the walls. No worries...she does have a bassinet in our room. Geeez!

Steph

Johnson said...

So.... all this talk of cute bedding and no pictures to prove it!!!

-Kelly