Carter's favorite phrase lately is 'Stop It'. Yes, I say it...apparently too much. If they are doing something they shouldn't, I say 'stop it'....so yes, it is said a lot. I really need to choose a more polite statement and add a please or something because now when he says it, it just sounds rude....cute, but rude. On his birthday, John and I were on either side of him and sang to him. He held up his little hands in front of our faces and said 'stop it'. If we are goofing off with him, even though he laughs, he says 'stop it'. If I am singing along to a tv show, he tells me to 'stop it'. I remember the first time he said it. I think it was for John's birthday. He had been doing so well with 'saying' prayers at dinner time. When John's parents came down, we all said it together and during prayers he said 'stop it'. I have noticed that it is mostly when a group of people are talking and when the attention is on him. It is like he is embarrassed. Silly kid needs to get over that quickly! :)
The other morning, I awoke at 3:45...couldn't fall back asleep until 4:45 when, just at the right moment, Carter woke up. He went right back to sleep, but there I sat for another 15 minutes trying to get back to sleep. John gets up at 6 and turns on all the lights (which he claims he does every day, but I think somebody is fibbin...) so I wake up again, with a headache. I manage to get back to sleep even with the little toddlers climbing on my bed to watch Disney. I get myself out of bed at 7:45 (thankfully the boys were good until then so I could get some rest), with a big ol migraine (I seem to only get these when I'm pregnant). I went to brush my teeth and I came back in the room. Carter stood up and said 'Ta-Da!!!!!'. Not knowing what he did I said something to the effect of 'oh you're, so cute'. I walked a smidgen closer......Carter had dumped my mug of green tea that I didn't finish last night so it had about 1/4 cup left....on my bed. He also dumped my glass of water that I keep by my bedside....on my bed. Oh what a stinker! My head hurt to much to discipline him more than just telling him it was wrong. The stinker proceeded to smile. I ran downstairs to take some Tylenol since I knew I couldn't wait until breakfast to do so. I came back up to shower. Afterwards as I was getting dressed, Carter proceeded to unroll the entire brand new roll of toilet paper. That got him a time-out as I was more on my game.
Thankfully the rest of the day was not as troublesome....but man, did it start out that way!!!
Today, it was Logan's turn. He is potty-trained (except for poop, gosh darnit) but the last day or two he has been holding it so long that when he is ready to go, he goes a tiny bit in his underwear. It does show great control that he's able to stop it, but today he had done a bit more and needed his pants changed - he even got some on his shirt (he's a tricky pee-er....or he was sitting down). I got him a new pair of underwear and pants, but didn't realize he needed a new shirt at the time. He said 'I need a shirt'...I said 'Yes, you do - why don't you go upstairs and grab one from your drawer'. The stinker said 'no, why don't you go grab it'...then this crazy toddler proceeded to turn his back to me, cross his arms and hold his head up in the air. Oh you silly child, do you think I'm going to go for that?!?! I told him to go get it and I walked away. He did. He has done this before and then usually turns around and laughs because he knows he's being.....ridiculous. And it is quite funny; I have to keep myself from laughing...but I certainly don't want that behavior to continue, so I hold it together.
Enter dinner. I gave Logan shredded chicken and some leftover-from-lunch macaroni and cheese. He really wanted pumpkin bread, which I told him he could have after he ate his dinner. I hear 'plop' and he said 'I dropped it'. It was a purposeful drop. And to time-out he went. He has NEVER...since probably 15 months, thrown his food on the floor...let's not start now. After his time-out is over, he came back, I reserved him some new food (new chicken...no more mac n cheese) and he ate it with no problems. What is up with this kid?
Shortly after, Logan goes potty and he washes his hands. I usually stand by watch him do it and move him along. The last day or two I have told him to wash his hands, turn off the water and dry his hands. This has been going well. Today I noticed that he was in there a bit too long. I walk in to puddles and a small bathroom splattered in water. AHHH! Dude...really?!? I expect that from Carter (mainly because it has already happened), but not from my neat kid! There I cleaned it up. I was going to have him help, but was worried he'd slip and fall on the ceramic floor and quite frankly I was just a bit surprised at his behavior. Sorry's were said and we moved on.
The rest of the night was uneventful...thank goodness!
No comments:
Post a Comment