This morning I had my 16 week checkup and all is still well! The boys came with me and it may be Carter's last time...though I did forget Tao, so he may get one more try. He is not bad....just busy. I always have to pee in a cup so they can check protein levels and other stuff, I guess....and he runs down the hall...always stops to give whichever doctor there high five (which is really cute). Then the boys are touching some of the random things in the bathroom...today they found the floor drains fascinating...ew, gross. Then Carter thinks we go back to the waiting room, but I have to stop and get weighed. So I got out to the waiting room to get him and bring him back. I get weighed, then he must get weighed also. They both must stand by me when I get my blood pressure taken, but then I ask them many, many times to sit down. Logan spends his time walking over to Carter telling him to be quiet and asking me what all the buttons are for and taking the stirrups out. Carter is busy getting up in the chair and back down and pushing buttons and squealing. It is not a relaxing 10 minute checkup.
When the doctor came in, they both wanted to be right by me when she checked the heartbeat. I am measuring on target right now, so that's all good. She found the heartbeat right away and it was 143...then she said it jumped to 150 (probably because she just poked my stomach really hard measuring...). While I didn't want there to be any trouble with the heartbeat, what-so-ever, I was secretly hoping for an ultrasound since I know they can tell this early. The nurse said I should try to convince this doctor....but this was not one I would try to convince. She is not 'fluffy' at all. However, with the heartbeat being pretty much the same as both boys....I'm starting to think that I'm having a 3rd boy....we'll see what the ultrasound shows in 4 weeks. I am so excited to find out; the next 4 weeks are going to be loooong. This is where I wish I knew somebody that was an ultrasound tech or with access to one. :) But patience is a virtue that I need to have for at least another 4 weeks.
At this point, a strong beating heart is all I can ask for...and I got it. I love my 3rd baby and I cannot wait to feel more constant kicks and wiggles...bring it, baby!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment