Sunday, February 12, 2012

Baby Update

At the beginning of week 12, I felt very faint, very brief wiggles from the baby. Then the past couple weeks I didn't feel much. This happened with Carter and I remember getting so nervous that I actually made a doctor appointment and went in to hear the heartbeat for re-assurance. This time I am more calm about it. I do just LOVE feeling the baby move and am so anxious to feel it all the time. :) The past few days now, I have felt a couple more wiggles, so I am excited. Plus, I have my 16 week appointment tomorrow morning so that will be nice. There is a part of me tomorrow that hopes that I get another ultrasound....just because I will call John on the phone and have the doctor search for the gender. Oh that would be SO exciting! But it is likely not going to happen, so I won't get my hopes up. I am just excited to find out...one way or another. These next 4 weeks are going to be painful, so I must keep myself busy! :)

While I have been thinking that I'm having a girl, lately I've been thinking boy...but it could be myself just prepping for either direction. :) The other night I had a dream that we had a boy. I don't remember what we named him, but the boys kept calling him Teegan. I remember saying 'no, that's not his name...'. So who knows what that dream is all about.

I look for signs anywhere...it is so silly. For instance, today I was driving and I saw a minivan that had all those stick figure stickers on the back window (no, we don't have that). It was a mom, dad, 2 boys and 2 girls and a dog. I thought....ooh, that could be our family one day! Then I was reading a post on 1 of my 2 addiction sites (either Facebook or Pinterest) and saw something about 'my 4 boys'. So who knows. I also look at my friends who have 2 girls...then a boy....and or vice versa - any mix really. So I think that a girl is possible. A boy is what we 'know'. I am always one to 'make a wish' when the clock says 1:11 or 2:22, etc. and yesterday would you believe I just happen to look at the clock at 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44 and 5:55??? What are the chances? I do not believe in stalking the clock....then your wish won't come true. ;) Silliness, I tell ya, but I did think it was pretty funny that I caught it so often yesterday.

Right now, I am hoping for another good appointment tomorrow and a great date and time for our ultrasound. This baby also better cooperate....I've already told John that if the baby doesn't cooperate, we will pay to have a 3D ultrasound done early to try and look. I am impatient. Could I wait? Sure. But would I drive everybody, mostly myself crazy? Yes. And that is just not healthy.

Everything is still going very well. I still get carsick if I am not driving; I am still hungry, but not nearly so ravenous; I still fit into a couple regular pants, but am starting to prefer maternity...though I still need to use the be-band. It could be because the elastic on the maternity pants is a bit stretched out...who knows. I am promising myself to take an updated belly picture this week. I have certainly changed from the first picture. :)

No comments: