Thursday, January 22, 2009

Spinning

So I still have *several* pounds to lose from being pregnant.  Knowing the summer is coming and I'll want to spend some days at my sister's pool I thought I better start doing something.  After all, it is difficult to go on walks when there is still 14 inches of snow on the ground (and not every person is great at clearing their sidewalks, especially crosswalks) and it is between -20 and 10 degrees for days on end.

That being said, I attended my first spinning class this morning at 5:30am (besides Saturday it is the only time they offer the class and I really wanted to try it).  For those of your who aren't familiar, Spinning is a stationary bicycling class to which you increase tension in the bike and spin your little heart out, stand up, sit down, sweat, drink and repeat.  My butt hurts from the seat which my friend Lisa warned me about.  My legs do feel the burn - the last few stairs in my house really make me feel the burn.  My arms hurt too, which I'm not sure is normal.  I probably used them whenever my legs felt they were going to give out on me when I was standing up.  Still, I took it easy on myself since it was my first class and I didn't know what to expect.  Next week I will try it again and perhaps push myself a bit harder.  

Hopefully soon enough those last *several* pounds will spin right off me!

No comments: