So, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!
My Mom is sooo great. She is super supportive of all her kids do. She is one of the strongest and most positive women I know. That is apparent by all the medical roadblocks she has overcome. She takes it all in ONE DAY AT A TIME...is what she always says. You can't worry about something, you just need to know all your options and make the decision you think is best. And pray...GOD is always there for you. Family time is very important to her and she loves every minute of it (no matter chaotic our visits can be...which will get crazier as we bring our first child into the world right before 2 very busy holidays!). I've learned so much from her.
My Mother-in-Law is also very wonderful. She is so loving regardless if you are her biological child or not. She is the most easy going person I know...which is definitely where John gets it from. :) She's sooo friendly to everybody and takes such great care of her family. Every time we go up to Wisconsin, she ALWAYS has some of our favorite food items. She'll make steak for 'her John'....she'll have my favorite juice in stock.....and all our favorite snacky foods. At ANY given point in the day if anybody looks hungry she'll stop what she's doing and will make a snack!
We love our Moms very much and can't wait to make them both Grandma's again!
For my 1st Mother's Day (both as a 'mom' to my Dog and of course, as a Mom to our growing baby in my tummy), John helped make breakfast with our niece, Alexis who spent the night. He also brought me flowers, a card and a framed poem titled, "Before I was a Mom". About despite all the changes we are about to experience (lack of sleep, spit up and getting pooped on)...it is ALL worth it. Very sweet. :)
My sister gave me a pink keepsake box (fairly big) so for future Mother's Day's I can save ALL my cards and drawings that my kid(s) make me. Great idea, thanks so much Dawn! I love it!
So happy Mother's Day to you all!!! And remember...please share your motherly advice to me at all times! :)
1 comment:
Happy Mother's to-be Day!
Post a Comment