Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Week 12

Hello there!

I am not as good at updating my site as I had hoped I'd be....I guess I come home from being on the computer all day and don't necessarily feel like hopping on...although I often think about it.

So I completed 12 weeks of pregnancy!!!!!  Yeah me...I am now in my 2nd trimester!!!

This week our baby is the size of a lime!!!!  The baby is about two and a half inches long...can you believe it?  That is a big baby all of a sudden!  Although the baby weighs a half ounce....so it is a VERY light baby!  )

So some questions that I've been asked or I would have asked my friends....

Is my nausea gone?  Not yet...in fact, it appears to be a bit more random, however it is less severe...and my 'traffic' nausea has dramatically decreased.  Sometimes I do remain super tired in the morning....in fact there are times where I've arrived to work in the parking lot and have either been nauseous or soooo tired, that I've taken a nap before I've headed in for the day.  Again, I am really thankful for my flex-hours job....if I had strict hours, it would definitely make this morning sickness and tired-ness a smidge harder.  Oh....and I still despise brushing me teeth in the morning...no fun!

Am I super tired?  Not really....Yes, sometimes in the morning I do get tired as mentioned above....and sometimes right after lunch I am tired, but I thought I would be exhausted...especially in the evening....not true.  Before I was pregnant, John would look at me at 9:30 and 9 times out of 10, I would be asleep.  Now, I am still up.....crazy!?!?!  I would say it is due to the iron supplement I'm taking...however, I was taking it before (along with prenatal vitamins)...so I don't know...but hey, it's great!

Are you showing yet?  Not really.....but yes I have gained about 9 pounds and it does show in my gut (and thighs).  The 'big' pants I bought a few weeks ago still fit...but I do need to get more tops...as other ones are hugging me a bit more....and again, right now, it is just fat...which isn't super pretty.  :)

Any mood swings?  No...I have been really happy.  John, naturally, would probably like to disagree....but I've been lovely...I've even purchased a bunch of groceries and have cooked dinner for over a week now!  For those of you who know me well, John and I have kept the fast food industry alive the last several years.  I do get into modes of cooking, but I hope that this one lasts a bit longer.  Also, I blame the weight I've gained on fast food....when I was nauseous, McD's fries and a burger or chicken strips would do the trick...now I think 'no way'.  

Do I feel pregnant yet?  Hm.  Yes I am always conscious of my stomach and I make sure that I eat and drink throughout the day....I do talk to the baby and rub my belly....and I have nauseous symptoms....we've seen the baby via ultrasounds.....but as far as having the 'feeling' yet....not really (although since I've read that the uterus is just above my pubic bone, I try to 'feel' around my stomach for it...and I heard by doing so, the baby moves!).  I've said it before, but I think it is all still so surreal to me.  We are SO blessed to have a positive pregnancy test after all this time, I am still so surprised.  I must say that so far it has gone by quickly...which is a good thing.  I can't wait to show and start wearing maternity clothes and feel the baby!  OOh...it will be soooo exciting!!!

I'll try and post more later this week!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

12 weeks?!?!? YAY!! Congrats, PMB!! Court :-)

Anonymous said...

WOW, 12 Weeks! How exciting! Now the fun begins! Won't be long till you feel that little one swimming around in there! I am so happy for you. Nolan says to give your belly a rub for him!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for getting through your first trimester!!! I remember trying to touch my tummy to feel around for my uterus too! It is a lot of fun when you finally do begin to show and people start to ask you when you are due. I am still initially shocked when people come up to me and ask me when I am due. I know it is crazy...but I still think I am the only one that knows! Ha! One quick recommendation...go and buy at least one pair of maternity pants that are extra comfortable now...(if you haven't already!) For me it was like one day I was comfortable in my regular pants and the next it was painful to sit in them. Luckily I had already bought a pair of black maternity slacks...so I didn't have to go hunting for a pair after work and school when I was already too tired to do anything! Well...I am so glad that things are going well for your little lime! Good luck in your second trimester!!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH for more weeks!!! I remember with my first that I came into work with my ultrasound pictures showing it was a girl and people were like, "you are pregnant?!?!" I didn't start really showing until I was like 6 months pregnant!

Kelly