Monday, March 17, 2008

The fruits begin....

So mid-last week, I stopped at Babies R Us. I wanted to get a pregnancy journal (even though I am posting most things here). I found one that goes day by day and tells me what is happening with the baby....it is great!

So today.....the baby is about 1/3 inch big....our baby can fit in a dime.....or is the size of a blueberry!!!! I've heard from friends that books often measure your baby's size in fruits. Up until now the baby has been a sesame seed...then a grain of rice...then a lentil bean. So we are finally in the fruits! I can't wait to read which fruit is next!

I heard that the baby is growing so fast that if the baby grew as fast after it is born as it is doing now, the baby would be 15 feet tall by the end of the first month! Holy smokes!!!! I'm glad the baby stops growing that fast....already I think that babies grow so fast as it is in their first year!

While I was at the book counter at Babies R Us, I found a book for John. It is called 'What to Expect when your Wife's Expanding!'. It appeared to be a pretty humorous book, so I got it for him 'from the baby' stating that the baby wants to make sure that you take good care of mommy. John read pretty much the whole thing in one night and the book is currently on his nightstand...I'm so glad that he's so excited about this baby (he better be!) and is involved to know what is going on. I probably should have read some of the book first so I knew what comments to expect. The book is meant to be humorous for the guys and give the advice on things...but John was laughing a little too much at some parts....but didn't necessarily want to share the 'secrets' of the book too soon...Hmmm.... :)

I did take a quick stroll around the rest of the store....man, there is a lot of stuff out there! John and I are going to take a visit there soon just to check it all out together to get our minds rolling and to get even more excited!

No comments: