So on Thursday, 2/28 I had a second pregnancy test. The goal of this blood draw is to make sure that you are still pregnant and that all the levels are rising...in fact, the HCG should double every 48 hours.
In the afternoon, I got the call. Yes, I was still pregnant! Yay...it hadn't been a dream!
My HCG, which was 66 on 2/26 had almost tripled to 189!!!! Great!
My estrogen, which was 150 on 2/26 had done a lot and was now 829!!!! Holy smokes!
My progesterone, which was 34 on 2/26 had actually gone down and was now 27.7.
The nurse mentioned that both the estrogen and progesterone can fluctuate, but just to be safe they upped my 'Progesterone in Oil' shot that I get in the butt each night to 1.5 cc (instead of 1cc). Hey, no big deal to me!
I asked if it was too early to tell if there was more than one baby in there (although my numbers are 'higher than normal' they aren't extremely high to scream that there's another baby in there)...and she agreed, she said that the first ultrasound will show if there's one or two... :) At this point, we don't really care either way....we would love one or both...although, I am certain that 2 will be a lot more work! :)
I am due November 2, 2008 and am currently about 4.5 weeks along (since they count from the first day of your last period...although since my cycle was not 'normal' due to IVF they count from date of conception....again not quite normal since my dear embryos were in the freezer....but they know what their doing).....yay!!!!!!
My next appt. in Monday, March 3rd to confirm that my numbers are still doing well....I will post more when I have those results plus the next steps!!!!
Keep on praying!
Paige
No comments:
Post a Comment