17 pounds 1 ounce (90th percentile) - gained just over 3 pounds
26.75 inches (95th percentile) - grew 3 inches!!!
head: 17 cm (70th percentile)
To compare to Logan, Carter is about 7 ounces heavier and a half inch shorter. However I do find it interesting that between Logan's 2nd - 4th visit, he grew just about 2 inches whereas Carter grew 3 inches. It is clear to me that both their boys will be tall like their father, but may grow differently to get there. :)
When Dr. M. walked in he noticed Carter meeting a milestone. He told me that when pediatricians walk in to the office they are not looking at just another cute baby, but what that baby is doing - what goals they are meeting. Phew, Carter was meeting a milestone - he was laying on his back and had brought his hands together and was putting them in his mouth. Go Carter! Other milestones he has met are: he puts weight on his legs (just like his big bro, he is very strong!), holds his head at a 90 degree angle, grab for objects out of reach and is attempting to roll over.
Carter had to take an oral medicine - not as big of a fan of it as last time. He took it slowly and didn't spit any out, but he did not suck it like a bottle like he had done last time. He also received 2 shots and didn't take kindly to either of them. He was not a fan and needed a bit more consoling.
The doctor mentioned that he appears to be starting with stranger anxiety a bit early. He said that this tends to happen with breastfed babies since they are clearly with their mothers quite often. He said this because Carter was a little sketchy when he would touch him and would always look around for my face and then stop whining or just whimper while locking eyes. Granted after I picked him up he let out a little burp, so I think that was a real reason for whining. But I do also remember Logan going through some 'stranger' anxiety early on, but it ended really early too. I think it was around 3-5/6 months. I think because we do see family or friends or because I am so involved with my Mom group that it helped to get him over anything he had....let's hope that works for Carter as well.
Carter still has some random spots of eczema which I continue to treat with aquaphor or cortizone. Other than that he's peachy keen!
No comments:
Post a Comment