Oh goodness - today Logan took his first steps! We were at Baby Storytime at our local library, as we usually are most weeks. The past several weeks Logan has been really eager to walk while holding our hands instead of crawl. He still would crawl a bunch...and turbo-crawl sometimes. But if we are around and set him down it is hard to get him to sit and not cry as he wants us to hold his hand while he walks.
I had put Logan in some new shoes (super cute by the by) and we attended storytime. We sang songs and read stories as usual with our group of about 10 other moms/babies. Logan left my lap a couple times to sit in the middle of the circle and ham it up (every other baby except for one is a girl...so I tend to think he is showing off for the lady-babies). ;)
Afterwards the 'teacher' leaves the room right after she dumps 2 buckets of toys for the kids to pay with for about 15-20 minutes. We always stay to play. Logan was standing near the door when the teacher left. I held him in my arms while she left - then I let go and he took ONE step towards the door. I squealed in excitement and exclaimed to all the other moms 'Oh my gosh - he just took his first step!'. They all clapped and cheered and Logan continued chewing on his ball at the door...at which I grabbed him and hugged and kissed him and told him how proud I was of him. He probably had no clue what he had just done. My good friend Kathy and her daughter Maddie also attend...so Kathy came over to us and held up Logan while I scooted back. He took TWO steps to me!!!! Ah - it was like all of a sudden he would not only allow us to let go of him, but he would stay standing. Oh so exciting! Then while some of the other moms were talking, I decided to try again....and he took FOUR steps towards me! Again, I showered him with love and decided to let him play.
We called John and the grandmas and alerted other family members of the exciting news via email...they were all very excited for him! Later in the night when John got home we showed him. It took Logan several tries to warm up...he would do one or two steps, but moreso falling into one of us. Eventually he took 4 steady steps. So exciting!
So yes, at 10.5 months, our little guy has taken his first steps!
No comments:
Post a Comment