So John and I decided to do a frozen cycle. We don't want to give up on the 1st batch just yet...I still believe that my body was so out of whack from all the meds that it 'bloated' the embryos out.....sure the doctor says that isn't it...but let me have this belief...I need something to blame other than another cycle that didn't work...
So we notified the nurses and everything got started....all I needed was to get my period......
......which took 2 weeks to arrive past its 'due' date. And no, of course, I was not pregnant...many thought it...including a tiny inkling myself, but no, we are not that lucky. :)
So finally mid December I got my period and went in for my baseline blood and ultrasound...things looked good....just a small cyst that should clear up (had the same thing last time and it did clear up).....
I then started taking birth control pills (sounds backwards, but again, they have to ensure that I don't get pregnant, so this is the best way).
All the dates are now set up...
I stop taking the pill on 1/12 and start Lupron
On 1/25 I go for my baseline blood and ultrasound....
if all is good, then 1/26 I start the 'patches' (something new)
Then on 2/6 I have another ultrasound to ensure my lining is thick enough (then from the docs office I jump on a plane for work for a few days)
Then on 2/14, yes Valentine's Day, we have our transfer
Our kids were conceived 10/20/07....Sweetest Day....then this is the day we were given by the nursing staff for our frozen embryo transfter....Valentine's Day....John and I figure that with all the extra love floating in the air, perhaps something magical will happen.....we'll see... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment