Friday, February 15, 2008

Transfer - Take 2

So after my visit on February 6th, my lining looked fantastic.....however a lining can look....

Yesterday, Valentine's Day, we had our frozen embryo transfer (FET). Things went smoothly....we hit some traffic on the way, but once there we were called right in....to the same room we were in before (we figured that if by chance it doesn't work out this time, we will ask for a different room going forward). :) We waited for about a half hour as they were finishing up with a retrieval in the other room. I don't mind waiting when we're in there....because John and I talk...and he tells corny jokes....we're just kinda goofy.

The ultrasound tech checked my water and I needed to drink a little bit more...so I chugged about 16 ounces right there....whoa...full bladder!!!

Our doctor, Dr. Jacobs came in along with the nurse...prepped me...the ultrasound tech got ready (pressing hard on my stomach)...then the embryologist came in and handed the doctor our children (embryos)....and in they went. The ultrasound tech snapped some pictures and then everybody left...we were done. Right before the nurse left she told me that she is the only pregnant nurse that day....and she got me as her patient...so there were extra baby vibes being sent our way! Hey, we'll take what we can get!

Here is our first ultrasound picture. If you look closely in the middle there is a white arrow...it is pointing to a little glowing line....The embryos are actually microscopic at this point. The 'glow' that you see is the fluid and air that the little embryos travel in for implantation....it helps so that the doctor can ensure that he put them in the right place.


So I was sent home on bedrest for 2 days....so John has been wonderful and has taken good care of me. :)

Now we wait 2 weeks.....and no inter-cycle blood test since it doesn't mean anything and the progesterone I am taking is not measured in the bloodstream.

In the meantime, I will continue to get a progesterone shot in the buttocks for 2 more weeks....ouch...

:)

No comments: