Friday, September 21, 2012

The boys first wedding

This past weekend one of John's 2nd cousins, Alyssa got married. The boys were invited to the wedding....we even attended the ceremony (and it was a long one as it was Catholic). Naturally as soon as the beautiful bride came down the aisle, Ryan started fussing and needed to eat. Carter was a smidge chatty & Logan decided to go hang with grandma, but not for too long. Soon after Ryan pooped....loudly! It had a few of us giggling. And so off to the basement to change him & I made it just before the poop leaked out. Whew! Came back. Logan took off his shoes cuz his feet hurt. It was just kind of one thing after another. They did well but I just didn't want to ruin the wedding in any way so I was trying to be on guard with whatever craziness they were going to come up with next. Luckily there were a couple other kids that shared in making noise so we weren't alone.

After we got to the hotel & all checked in we went downstairs for appetizers, drinks & dinner. In hindsight, with 3 kids we probably went down a bit too soon as you know....in a wedding there isn't much for kids to do. ;). Logan was taking off the Velcro table skirt from the food tables every so often and hiding under the tables....and Carter was throwing that darn Tao around playing catch with others. Ryan got passed around and did really well until he had to eat....which of course was around the time dinner was starting. So I went up to our room to feed him & brought Logan with me to let him run around a bit. Uncle Troy was kind enough to take Carter for a little stroll. When I came back down I grabbed my new favorite accessory...my Moby wrap. It made eating dinner much easier so I could help the older boys. John & I each took a kid up to the buffet and they got some delicious food and are very well! We were able to make it till the first couple songs even though the kids were so tired. John & I danced the twist with the boys and without my knowing Chris (cousin) took our picture on the dance floor...it is really cute!

We took the boys upstairs & got them ready for bed. John headed downstairs while I hung out with the boys till they were all sound asleep....apparently I dozed off for about 45 minutes as well. :). Then I set our iPhone baby monitor app and went to join my hubby. We had a nice time...got in a couple slow dances...had a couple shots/drinks and stayed up having fun with some family....which even included a 1am taco bell run. :). Our monitor only went off once & I ran up there and everybody was still sleeping so perhaps somebody coughed & set it off (one iPhone stays in the room & acts as the monitor & if a noise is made it automatically calls your other iPhone....pretty cool actually). I was glad that our room was practically above the reception so it wasn't far if it did go off.

In the morning my SIL & I ran to Dunkin Donuts to get donuts for everybody and then we took the kids down to the pool. They had such a great time swimming....we did too, but the water was a bit chilly so we didn't stay for too long. Plus we had to get home for Buddy then head to our pal Chayce's 4th birthday party. :)

Fun weekend! Congrats Alyssa & Luke!

1 comment:

Jen Riley said...

Love the pic of you guys all dancing!! Sounds like a fun time :)