Thursday, October 13, 2011

Short stories

Yesterday Carter woke up in his typical 'I woke up too early and am not getting my way'. He wanted a glass of milk and I wanted him to have water. He screamed, threw the cup, ran in the other room....screamed some more. All out ridiculous. Typically he comes around and then drinks the water...or concedes to whatever the tantrum is about. As Carter is screaming by the couch, Logan went over to him and told him it was okay and that Mommy wants him to drink water and not to cry. Logan came running back to me and asked where the tissues were. I showed him. He plucked a tissue; paused to fold it a certain way, then ran over to Carter. He asked him to blow his nose and Carter did. Then he wiped his tears, told him it was okay and said 'now, let's go!'. And then Carter was okay. Oh, it was soooo adorable!!!

From adorable to kinda funny in an attitude kind of way...

At dinner tonight, Logan pooped and told me that he pooped and pointed to his butt. Okay...since John had a not so fabulous day at work, I offered (even though I was still eating) to change his diaper. Logan hopped down and then John kindly offered to change him. Logan said No Daddy, I want MOMMY to change my diaper. He then proceeded to stand up tall, cross his arms and raise his head as if he had put his foot down and this the way it was going to be. I said really?? Daddy actually offers to change a poopy diaper and the kid is going to reject him? Man...John must secretly be training them....

Logan's current funny phrase is 'You're a stinker!' and will do it at the right times....if I make a funny face at him or tickle him.

Carter's current phrase is 'pull, pull'. He wants to pull you to where he wants you to go. The refrigerator, outside, upstairs, living room, etc. Cute....but it gets old. Trust me.

No comments: