Today we had a busy day planned. We had a birthday party at pump it up. Both boys did great pretty close to the entire time! I remembered socks this time...so it was a big relief. I was able to go in with the boys when they started getting clingy. They thought it was pretty cool that I was in there. Because most of the kids were Logan's age through age 5, I was pretty much the only Mom bouncing around. Every so often, my good friend Kathy joined me. :) It was a lot of fun. I did head into one obstacle course, which was very difficult when Carter decided halfway through that he was done - like turn into jello and scream done. I still had to climb an inflatable wall one-handed while holding said screaming jello. It was good fun. But then - it was time to put on our shoes and head in for lunch & cake.
One would think that would be where things calmed down. No. During the cake, Maddie's dropped onto the floor. I picked it up and during that time, I have no clue what Carter was trying to do - perhaps trying to swing his leg over to get down?? I don't know. Anyway, he kind of flipped off the bench and smacked down on the hard floor. People gasped a bit, I picked him up and waited for the big wail - of which everybody (which was mostly friends of mine, so it wasn't awkward or anything) turned and looked. I said 'oh he's fine'. He was just exhausted and this scared him a bit. I looked at my shoulder - oh, apparently he's not as fine as I thought - there were little dabs of blood. He must've bit his lip. While he was on my lap and I was trying to get some water on a napkin to blot...the little stinker is already putting a forkful of cake in his mouth! Needless to say, he was just fine!! Granted he had a fat lip - and he had his 18 month checkup....of course!!! Oh well, it was a fun birthday - happy 4th birthday, Leo!
No comments:
Post a Comment