Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Stomach Flu

Oh man, it got me! Of all people, the gal with the c-section just 2 weeks prior gets the stomach flu...yuck!! Friday night around 10pm-ish through 7am the next morning I was up every hour not 'feeling well'. I called my Mom as I didn't know if I could breastfeed and I was nervous about keeping up my milk supply as I couldn't keep anything down. I then called the doctor to make sure I could still breastfeed and ask similar questions. The phonecalls must've done it as a half hour after the calls, I threw up for the last time. John did bottlefeed Carter for the morning and I pumped - I was glad that like Logan, Carter took to the bottle very well and went back to breastfeeding seamlessly. I slowly took sips of water every half hour as directed by the doctor. Throughout the day my parents checked in on me as they would be ready to come watch the boys while John took me to the doctor if need be, but luckily I was able to keep somethings down. John watched both boys all day, which was interesting for me to hear while in the bedroom, keeping my germs away from them - oh, I couldn't imagine either kid getting this sickness....I would feel terrible!

I ended up losing 5 pounds immediately...I have since gained 2 back. My energy was crap for the rest of the day...and was hit or miss the next day. At one point I carried Carter up the stairs and had to put him down immediately because I felt like I had just run a race...oy! I feel better now and am glad the rest of my family was unaffected.

No comments: