Last week I squeezed Logan's cute brown size 3 sandals on his feet...for the last time. After he was all strapped in, I noticed that the back strap was digging in his foot a bit and yep, when we took the sandals off, there were marks. Okay, fine...onto the 4's.
Well, yesterday, August 1st it was a chilly 68 degrees and breezy...not to mention a shower of rain here and there. Logan was dressed in jeans and a jacket. We were going to a baseball game later in the night and I wanted him to have shoes on, except I didn't have any shoes that fit his 'bigger' feet. So I ran to Target and tried my darndest to squeeze on a pair of size 4 'gym' shoes. Granted I had extra thick socks on him, but I couldn't get those suckers on to save my life! So, we went on to the size 5's!!!! Ah, what a big shoe size already. They fit him great. I really think part of the reason is because his feet are very puffy. Today we were at the zoo and I put a size 4 pair of sandals I purchased from a garage sale a month ago on him. His toes definitely reached the end of the sandal, but I could see the puffiness on the tops of his feet even more! Too cute.
This week he turns 9 months old...oh gosh, I just can't believe how old he is getting! Unfortunately I waited until a week and a half ago to make his well checkup - which in the past has been fine. Would you believe out of 4 offices and 8 doctors that I have to wait until August 20th????? They apparently are so booked - what the heck!?!? It is summer for gosh sakes - why are they so booked? Oh - this just hit me...I bet kids need physicals before they go to a new school or grade...so maybe that is why? Most schools in our area start in mid-late August, so that is the only thing I can think of. Anywho, I asked if I can call for cancellations - so tomorrow starts my calls to get him in earlier. Really, it doesn't much matter - he is a very healthy boy and I don't have many questions for them. But....I love finding out his weight and height and having confirmation that all is well. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment