LIKELY NOT ME!
Today, I was fixing Logan a sippy cup for lunch. I chose a straw sippy cup which he has mastered. I poured in the juice and mixed it with water. There are 2 straws to the sippy cup...a sturdy straw that goes in the bottom and a flexible straw that goes on the top, so the lid can close. Okay great. I couldn't find the sturdy straw...finally in a basket of random sippy cup lids, I found it.
I assembled the cup and thought, for some random reason, that I would test it out. I was curious how hard he had to suck through this valve-straw. This really is random for me as I really don't make it a habit to test out his sippy cups. So I sucked on the straw...nothing. I thought, man alive, this kid really has to work hard to get this juice! I tried a few more times. Okay, something MUST be wrong. I took it all apart. I couldn't figure it out. I then looked through each straw to see if something was clogged. Nothing in the flexible straw. But alas! The sturdy straw was a lot more sturdy than I anticipated as the sturdy straw was actually a hot glue gun stick!!!!! Go figure that it would be the same exact size and look. Oh man - egg on my face!
I then put the hot glue gun stick in the appropriate place (not in the sippy cup basket) and searched for the actual sturdy straw (which had fallen into the bottom of the dishwasher, hence why I couldn't initially see it). So I cleaned it off and re-assembled the cup and voila - it is really not that difficult to suck through his sippy cup.
What a random day for me to test his cup out! Imagine if I would have given it to him and he would've tried to use it and then got frustrated. I probably would have wondered what on earth he was whining about. Way to go Mother of the Year!
(in the meantime, I posted this on Facebook and some of my other Mom friends made me feel better by telling me their 'Mom Brain' stories!)
No comments:
Post a Comment