Whew...I haven't blogged much lately.
Starting last Monday, my family has been sick. Logan started Monday with a few sneezes, which on Tuesday turned into a crazy head cold. Then on Tuesday I coughed a few times and by the evening my throat was hoarse from coughing and I just felt 'blah'. By Wednesday...yep, it was a chest cold. Thankfully I have the runny nose and sneezing...but oy, did I cough. Everyday around 3pm it would get worse and worse and by evening I would sound terrible!
So Logan and I stayed indoors...which is just not what we do - we are very much usually out and about. Every so often Logan would grab my finger and bring me to the front door or garage door and hit the door as if to say, 'come on, let's go somewhere'. He would be sad when I'd tell him no. But I didn't want to spread our germs, nor did I want our already 'down' immune systems to pick up anything else.
Sunday we were finally feeling good enough to go out and we met up with my parents and Grandma at a restaurant so they could give Logan his Halloween costume (my Mom made it). Sunday I also found my 'approved medicine' list that I can take while pregnant and I realized that I can take Robitussin...yay! So I enjoyed a drive out to get some. By Tuesday Logan was doing so much better and I was pretty well contained so we went to the library to play. Tuesday, John started with the cold...ahhh!!! He came home early from work so he wasn't spreading germs and he worked from home Wednesday for the same reason. So finally, today, Logan is completely done, John is pretty much done and I for the most part am done....at night I still have a bit of a tickle in my throat, but nothing like it was this weekend.
Schools in the area are closing due to illnesses, including our church's school. The Swine Flu, regular flu and colds are overtaking the nation, so it seems. So we are washing our hands constantly and trying not to go to many germy places. Here's to hoping we stay healthy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment